Quinoa (KEEN-wah) is a complete protein because it contains nine essential amino acids. It is definitely one of the best superfoods on the market.
It is one of my favorite superfoods because it is so easy to incorporate into your diet. It is a type of grain, so you can easily substitute it for any grain in any recipe you have. You can also substitute it for oatmeal.
In this audio slideshow I will show you the how to make quinoa. Making quinoa is easy once you know the steps.
How to Make Quinoa
- Measure out 1 cup of quinoa and rinse it in a strainer until the water runs clear.
- Pour 2 cups of water into a small pot and add the rinsed quinoa.
- Bring the quinoa and water to a rapid boil.
- After boiling reduce to a simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- If the quinoa’s germ has formed a ring on the outside of the grain, and the grain is translucent the quinoa is finished.